Programmatic has been an ongoing topic in the industry. We previously mentioned that going native programmatic is especially beneficial for supply and demand partners as this automated way of buying ultimately increases revenue for both parties.
As we recently announced, plista has gone native programmatic. Since both our clients- advertisers and publishers– can now book programmatically, the question then rises: how do we go programmatic, and when can we start? Today, we would like to share with you a step-by-step process on how to book native inventory programmatically with plista on AppNexus.
Step 1: Gather Creative Components
In order to create a native ad creative that can be trafficked on plista Inventory, you will need the following components:
- Landing Page URL
- Descriptive Text
- Brand Name
Here is an example of a native ad creative that follows all the needed components for plista inventory:
Step 2: Upload the Creatives to AppNexus
When booking programmatically with plista, you will actually be uploading your ad creatives through our partner, AppNexus.
- Within the AppNexus Console, go to “Advertiser > Creative Manager.”
- Click on “Create New” and select “Native” in the drop-down menu.
- You will then be entering the Creation mask for creating new Native creatives.
- Fill in all the necessary information according to our advertisement specification.
Below, we explain the basic setup and composition of what you need when uploading your ad creative via AppNexus.
- Name: Assign a name to the creative.
- Landing Page: The URL where the user gets redirected to.
- Image: The main image of your creative. Choose an external URL, or upload your creative to the AppNexus ad server.
- Icon: Currently not supported by plista.
- Title: The headline of your creative.
- Sponsored by: This has to be the brand that you are advertising for, and it has to match the owner’s landing page URL.
- Body Text: Descriptive text of your creative.
- Call-to-action: This is currently not supported by plista.
- Additional Fields: None of these are currently supported by plista.
We also have an optional feature to let you select whether or not you would like to enable tracking with the following fields:
- Frequency, Third Party Pixel (we recommend to always provide a pixel that supports SSL [https]), and Segment Pixels
Finally, we have the field, Line Item Association, which is also optional:
- Line item, Campaign
Step 3: Target plista Inventory
Once you have uploaded your ad creatives via AppNexus, you must complete the programmatic booking process by targeting plista inventory. When you create your campaign, make sure you target plista’s local supply member seat. This is in order to ensure that the automated buying process goes smoothly and efficiently. To target, you must:
- From “Targeting,” go to Inventory and click on “Edit.”
- Then, select “3rd Party Inventory,” and search for a local seat ID. The local plista account manager will be happy to provide this to you.
- Click the check button to include plista inventory on the list of eligible supply sources.
With these three simply and straightforward steps, booking programmatically with plista will be sure to result in an efficient and successful inventory exchange and ultimate increase in revenue.
Interested in going programmatic? Reach out to your account managers as they would be more than happy to help you on how to book native programmatic with plista as well as answer any further questions.
Do you want to receive more news, tips and trends in the online marketing industry? Sign up for our Digital Trends Newsletter here.